This is an email that APTA Board Member and Junior Tour/College Development Committee Chair Steve Caccam emailed to parents and Fairfield County PPTA pros.It reads as follows:
Congratulations to you and your kids!
It is with tremendous pride and great pleasure that I announce that, your kids, once again, put on a very fine showing at this past Saturday’s APTA Jr. Nationals. This year’s Jr. Nationals, held in suburban Philadelphia and run out of Waynesborough Country Club, drew nearly 200 of the country’s best junior players. Of the 28 juniors in the Finals in the seven* divisions, 17 of them were from Fairfield County, CT! A complete list is below.
While all of the CT kids competed well and all of the below should be congratulated, I want to bring special attention to three teams in particular:
- William Cannon & Henry Fishman successfully defended their age group title.
- Hannah Kratky of Greenwich (again playing with Meghan Foster of White Plains, NY) repeated as National Champion in the Girls 18 & Under division, adding another gold medal to the 14 & Under title she took (also with Meghan) in New Canaan in 2011.
- Will Burger & Gardner Tregellas of New Canaan, capped an illustrious junior career by adding the Boys 18 & Under crown to the 14 & Under and 12 & Under titles they won in 2010 and 2008, respectively.
Please join me in congratulating these players and their parents!
- Girls 18 & Under Champions: Meghan Foster (White plains, NY) – Hannah Kratky (Greenwich, CT)
- Girls 18 & Under Finalists: Meredith Hughes (Malvern, PA) – Bella Echevarria (Kennett Square, PA)
- Girls 15 & Under Champions: Callie Burkhart (Wayne, PA) – Catie Burkhart (Wayne, PA)
- Girls 15 & Under Finalists: Alexandra Shay (Wilton, CT) – Emily Dardis (Stamford, CT)
- Girls 12 & Under Champions: Ava Ignatowich (Darien, CT) – Taylor Dean (Fairfield, CT)
- Girls 12 & Under Finalists: Leah Walter (Morristown, NJ) – Phoebe Brinker (Wilmington, DE)
- Boys 18 & Under Champions: Gardner Tregellas (New Canaan, CT) – Will Burger (New Canaan, CT)
- Boys 18 & Under Finalists: Austin Holmes (New Canaan, CT) – Reed Schultz (New Canaan, CT)
- Boys 15 & Under Champions: William Cannon (Fairfield, CT) – Henry Fishman (Fairfield, CT)
- Boys 15 & Under Finalists: Will Graham (Greenwich, CT) – Henry DeCoster (Greenwich, CT)
- Boys 12 & Under Champions: Aidan Donoho (Wilmington, DE) – Ty Brinker (Wilmington, DE)
- Boys 12 & Under Finalists: Marty Alexander (Franklin Lakes, NJ) – Harrison Kulick (Franklin Lakes, NJ)
- Boys 10 & Under Champions: Charles Brossy (New Canaan, CT) – Griffin Cramer (Darien, CT)
- Boys 10 & Under Finalists: James Lorenzetti (Stamford, CT) – Trevor Ramirez (Redding, CT)
*NOTE: This year, the Girls 10 & Under division was not contested due to an insufficient number of entries. The divisions in 2014 are 18 & Under, 15 & Under, 12 & Under, for Boys and Girls separately; and a Boys 10 & Under division.