Wee Burn was founded in 1896. It is a full service, member-owned private club with eight platform tennis courts including a brand new state-of-the-art warming facility, which is already considered among the best in the country. The Club’s platform tennis program has been growing at a rapid pace for a number of years.
About This Opportunity: The Platform Tennis Assistant Professional is a full-time seasonal position from the beginning of the Fall through the end of the Winter. Please review this posting and respond by email before 5:00 PM on April 27th.
Platform Tennis Assistant Professional (AP) Role: The AP’s responsibility is to assist with all facets of the club’s platform tennis program from approximately September 21st until March 21st. The AP will report to the Director of Platform Tennis and ensure professional conduct, enthusiasm in coaching and excellence in delivery of all program related services in a member-owned club environment.
The AP is required to hold professional teaching certification with PPTA and to be a tournament level player. The Assistant should be a well-regarded platform tennis instructor, adept administrator and an effective promoter. Additionally, the AP should have an engaging personality as well as strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the following disciplines:
- Having experience in a private club environment.
- Supervising women’s league matches and coaching team practices.
- Delivering high quality adult & junior clinics and private lessons.
- Administering round robins, tournaments and social events.
- Being a team player.
- Having proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Having basic knowledge of platform tennis court maintenance.
Compensation: The compensation package includes a base salary and commission from private and group lessons. Meals will be provided throughout the season. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity please submit your application using the following steps:
Save your documents as follows: “Last Name, First Name Cover Letter” “Last Name, First Name Resume” “Last Name, First Name References ”
- Prepare a cover letter of one page, summarizing why you are suited for this role.
- Prepare your resume.
- Provide the name, telephone number and email address of at least 3 professional references in a separate document.
- Submit your cover letter, resume and references to Anton Mavrin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “WBCC PTAP Position” as the subject.